Mills Accepted into Guaranteed Admissions Program
Georgia Military College Prep School senior Rudy Mills is one of only ten incoming freshmen accepted into the Guaranteed Admissions Program for Mercer University’s School of Medicine.
According to the Mercer website, requirements for this special program include, but are not limited to:
• A score of at least 1350 (math, verbal) on the SAT, or a 30 on the ACT, and a high school GPA of 3.70 or higher on a 4-point scale;
• Letters of recommendation;
• All undergraduate course work must be completed at Mercer University;
• Participating students must maintain a Mercer GPA of 3.50 or higher;
• Students must score 28 or higher on the Medical College Admission Test (MCAT) before the end of the last year of their undergraduate program, with a score in the verbal component of a least a 9.
Mills said he went through an extensive application process and eleven interviews with Mercer School of Medicine to qualify for this prestigious honor. Mills was previously awarded Mercer’s Presidential Scholarship, a full-tuition, four-year scholarship with a value of over $120,000. His parents are Sherrie and Taron Durden of Gray, Georgia.
GMC Main Campus 801 Fire Rescue Scholarship
GMC Main Campus and Baldwin County Fire Rescue Announce the GMC 801 Fire Rescue Scholarship in Memory of Dwayne Morgan, GMC Prep ‘79 A beloved “Santa,” a man of faith and service, and friend to all, Dwayne Morgan will live on in the hearts of all who knew him; and now, future students will learn […]
GMC and NewDay USA break ground on Center for Leadership
Georgia Military College and NewDay USA announce partnership and break ground on NewDay USA Center for Leadership at Georgia Military College On Wednesday, November 3, 2021, Georgia Military College and NewDay USA broke ground on a new facility, the NewDay USA Center for Leadership at Georgia Military College. The GMC Board of Trustees approved the […]