Georgia Military College has been recognized as a Silver Level Military Friendly® School for the 2023-2024 school year.
Overview & Benefits
Georgia Military College welcomes all veterans, service members, and their families to attend. We understand that your path to education may be different than your other classmates. We have dedicated enrollment and graduation coaches to help guide you through the educational process while overcoming your unique challenges. We are one of the most respected and best-value community colleges in the nation for military-affiliated students. Here are a few reasons why we are continuously recognized as one of the best:
- Flexibility: We offer a wide range of programs that let you learn anywhere, anytime, and at your own pace.
- Affordability: Our students benefit from an unbeatable, in-state-only tuition policy, and a vast array of financial aid options.
- High Quality: Learn the competitive skills you need to succeed in today’s economy from dedicated faculty who are focused on your success, not research.
- Student Support: From application through graduation and beyond, we have the resources to support you.
- Accreditation and National Recognition: Accredited by the Southern Association of College and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC), we are also designated as one of the top military-friendly and best community colleges in the country.
Military and Veteran training benefits
GMC is working hard to award as many credits as possible for military-related training, and courses. The program you’re eligible for will vary depending on the military credits that are provided to us on your JST, or CCAF. For more information, call an enrollment coach, or submit a request for information. To see what credits you might earn from your military training, go to our equivalency page here. Select “AMERICAN COUNCIL ON EDUCATION” for the Army, Navy, USMC, or Coast Guard courses and “COMMUNITY COLLEGE OF THE AIR FORCE” for Airmen and Guardians. Courses are continuously being evaluated so for the most up-to-date information contact your Enrollment or Graduation Coach for more information.
Each of our campus locations, and our online campus, have a Veterans Benefits Office that is dedicated to assisting you with the process of going to, paying for, and staying in school. We have a variety of degree programs to meet your needs, whether your goal is to further advance in your military career or enter the civilian job market.
We offer the following benefits:
- GI Bill® and Tuition Assistance approved
- Many scholarship options
- Credit for previous courses & experience where applicable
- Free tutoring and academic support services
- No out-of-state tuition costs
- Dedicated advisors who understand your needs
Georgia Military College AU-ABC programs
GMC has partnered with Air University in the following programs:
- Business Management
- Emergency Management
- Healthcare Management
- Homeland Security
- Public Health
- Supervision and Management
- Supply Chain Management and Logistics
For more information, visit our AU-ABC website.
Georgia Military College has adopted the Principles of Excellence included in Executive Order 13607 (EO 13607). Following the Principles of Excellence, Georgia Military will provide to students who self-identify as U.S. Veterans or dependent of a Veteran on the College Financing Plan (formally known as the Financial Aid Shopping Sheet). Developed by the Department of Education, the College Financing Plan provides simplified information about education costs, financial aid, cost of attendance, and consumer information.
- Click Here to view an example “College Financing Plan” which is a model Financial Aid Offer designed to simplify the information that prospective students receive about costs and financial aid so they can easily compare institutions and make informed decisions about where to attend school. The College Financing Plan is available in the Financial Aid Self-Service Portal, for all GMC students.*
*While the College Financing Plan is based on annual figures, students may estimate the cost of their program by multiplying figures by the number of years in the enrolled program. Due to several factors and unforeseeable variables, costs and aid eligibility may be higher or lower and program calculations should only be treated as an estimate.
- Click Here to view the Department of Education’s “College Scorecard” which is a planning tool and resource to assist students and their families as they evaluate options in selecting a school.
- Click Here to view the Department of Education’s “College Navigator” which is a consumer tool that provides school information including tuition and fees, retention and graduation rates, use of financial aid, and student loan default rates, and features a cost calculator and school comparison tool.
- Click Here to view the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau’s (CFPB) “Paying for College” webpage which can be used by prospective students to enter the names of up to three schools and receive detailed financial information on each one and enter actual financial aid award information.
We’ve been educating bright minds for well over a century. That’s why a degree from GMC means more than just a great education. It means success.