Transferring Course Credits

2024 Schedule

BAS Technical-Occupational Course Transfer Guide


For the most up-to-date policies governing the transfer of credits, please visit our catalog here.

Transferring Course Credits from GMC

Students who complete an Associate of Arts (AA) or Associate of Science (AS) degree generally find that the degree transfers to a four-year college, which enables them to enter as a rising junior. Students who do not complete the degree and thus do not graduate, experience selective articulation of the courses on the transcript by the four-year college. Usually, the course-by-course articulation process decreases the number of hours transferred and affects the entry load to a four-year college or university.

Because GMC is fully accredited, its degree is generally accepted by any four-year college or university in the United States. On occasion, because of varying standards in curriculum, course content, state policy, or accrediting standards, students may experience a loss of credit hours in transfer. Students experiencing these types of hour and credit losses are encouraged to contact the Registrar at Georgia Military College for assistance.

On occasion, discussions between the GMC registrar and the registrar at the transferring institution can resolve these situations. A student should talk to the admissions office at the four-year school well in advance of graduation to be sure of the requirements at a particular college.

For more information on possible articulation agreements with other institutions, see the Transfer Agreement page here.

Academic Excellence.
Since 1879.

We’ve been educating bright minds for well over a century. That’s why a degree from GMC means more than just a great education. It means success.