GMC briefs Baldwin County Board of Commissioners
"The mission of GMC is to produce educated citizens and contributing members of society in an environment conducive to the development of the intellect and character of its students," said Lt. Gen. William B. Caldwell, IV, President of GMC. "In the past year at our 12 campuses across the state of Georgia we saw an 11% growth in student numbers with just over 13,000 students attending GMC. We are committed to our saying of "Start Here…Go Anywhere!" by ensuring we are an accessible and affordable educational option. With only a GED, any student can start with us and achieve whatever they want in life. Our graduation rate increased by 18% this year, indicative of the commitment our faculty have to helping our students achieve their goals."
Colonel Patrick Beer, GMC’s Dean of Students & Commandant of Cadets
– The Junior College (JC) Corps of Cadets is made up of five programs:
– Service Academy Prep
– Early Commissioning Program
– State Service Program
– Athletic Program
– Civic Leader Program
– JC Cadets are twice as likely to be honored on the President's List or Dean's List compared to regular GMC college students.
– The JC Cadet program has a multi-million dollar economic impact on Baldwin County.
Laura Booth, GMC’s Milledgeville Campus Academic Dean
– Enrollments have increased to over 1700 students, 37% of which are Baldwin County residents.
– Dual Enrollments have increased over 180% in the last year, growing to 252 students. Of the dual enrollment students, 68% are from Baldwin County.
– Georgia Military College students are active participants in the community volunteering for Habitat for Humanity, Communities in Schools, Baldwin County Literacy Fair and at the Georgia War Veterans Home.
Colonel Pamela Grant, GMC’s Prep School Principal
– GMC’s Prep School is a Public, Independent School serving grades 6-12.
– Presidential and Foundation Scholarships provide financial assistance to approximately 35% of students based on demonstrated financial need.
– Last year, $458,719.65 was awarded to students to assist families in providing the opportunity for their children to attend the Prep School.
– The Prep School has had a 100% graduation rate for the past 8 years.
– 80% of Prep School graduates earn at least one college degree within 6 years of graduation.
– Since 2012, the GMC Prep School has had 11 State Championships and 1 National Championship, with 5 of these coming during SY 15-16 – Raider Mixed National Championship, Girls Softball, One-Act, Literary, and Girls Track.
Click here to view the presentation given to the Baldwin County Board of Commissioners.
Lt. Gen. William B. Caldwell, IV, President of GMC, shares GMC's mission and its impact in the state of Georgia before the Baldwin County Board of Commissioners.
Georgia Military College Global Online Leadership College Ranked #4 Most Affordable Online School for Business Degrees in 2023
Georgia Military College Global Online Leadership College Ranked #4 Most Affordable Online School for Business Degrees in 2023 Georgia Military College was recently ranked #4 Most Affordable Online Schools for Business Degrees in the nation by Best-Universities.net. “It is an honor to be among the most affordable online colleges for a business degree as GMC […]
Georgia Military College and Georgia College & State University Sign Articulation Agreement for Post-Bachelor-Level Degree Programs
Georgia Military College and Georgia College & State University Sign Articulation Agreement for Post-Bachelor-Level Degree Programs Georgia Military College (GMC) and Georgia College & State University (GCSU), in the spirit of academic cooperation, signed an Articulation Agreement today that will facilitate the admission of GMC Bachelor of Applied Science (BAS) graduates to GCSU graduate programs […]
Georgia Military College Corps of Cadets Wins Two-Year Intercollegiate National Ethics Bowl Competition
Georgia Military College Corps of Cadets Wins Two-Year Intercollegiate National Ethics Bowl Competition Georgia Military College is proud to announce that the Association for Practical and Professional Ethics (APPE) Two-Year National Ethics Bowl Champion is team GMC-Milledgeville! Georgia Military College hosted the national competition on GMC’s Main Campus in Milledgeville over the weekend. On Saturday, […]
Georgia Military College honored victims of September 11, 2001 and subsequent Global War on Terror
Georgia Military College honored victims of September 11, 2001 and subsequent Global War on Terror Twenty-one years ago on September 11, 2001, the unimaginable happened. Our country was the target of a terrorist attack that claimed the lives of 3,024 people who died that day, and nearly 7,000 service members who died in the subsequent […]
GMC JC Football to be Featured on ESPN+
GMC JC Football to be Featured on ESPN+ Georgia Military College is thrilled to announce that ESPN+ will broadcast our Junior College football away game against Snow College on October 1st at 3:00 p.m. The GMC vs. Snow College game has been selected as the National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) Game of the Week. Viewers will […]
Georgia’s Lieutenant Governor Appoints Advisory Member to Georgia Military College Board of Trustees
Georgia’s Lieutenant Governor Appoints Advisory Member to Georgia Military College Board of Trustees Georgia’s Lieutenant Governor, Geoff Duncan, appointed Floor Leader and Senator Russ Goodman as an advisory member to the Georgia Military College Board of Trustees. Designated as a public authority in the state of Georgia, GMC has served Georgia as a unique educational […]
70 Years of Commissioning Leaders
70 Years of Commissioning Leaders In May, 29 Georgia Military College graduates took their oath to serve in the United States Army after completing GMC’s Early Commissioning Army ROTC Program. These 29 2LTs are now a part of GMC’s history as the year 2022 marked the 70th year of Commissioning Officers into the United States […]
GMC Proudly Serves as a U.S. Military Service Academy Preparatory School
GMC Proudly Serves as a U.S. Military Service Academy Preparatory School Georgia Military College is committed to providing character development, leadership skills, rigorous academic courses, and a strict physical fitness program to best prepare students for a service academy through our Corps of Cadets Service Academy Preparatory Program. Led by our President, Lieutenant General William […]
Georgia Military College Earns 2022-2023 Military Friendly ® School Designation
Georgia Military College Earns 2022-2023 Military Friendly ® School Designation Georgia Military College announced today that it has earned the 2022-2023 Military Friendly® School designation. Institutions earning the Military Friendly® School designation were evaluated using both public data sources and responses from a proprietary survey. More than 1,800 schools participated in the 2022-2023 survey with […]