Georgia Military College to host Patriot Day Ceremony on Sept 11
Georgia Military College will host a poignant ceremony in recognition of Patriot Day on Friday, September 11, 2015. The community is invited to attend and participate in any portion of the day’s activities, outlined below.
• Morning Formation on Grant Parade
• Remarks by LtGen William B. Caldwell, IV, GMC President
• Laying of a wreath by three current GMC prep school students who have been directly affected by the lasting impact of September 11, 2001.
8:00 a.m. – until 2:30 p.m.
• “Memorial on the Bricks” at the north end of the Old Capitol Building
• GMC will record the names of 3,025 people whose lives were taken through the act of terrorism on 9/11, and the names of 6,816 who have given their lives trying to stop it from happening again.
• Each of GMC’s Prep School students will have the opportunity to record the names of their fellow Americans and spend a few moments in reflection.
• Names will be provided to all who wish to join GMC in remembering.
• Wreath escorted by GMC Prep School Color Guard and Battalion Staff to north entrance of the Old Capitol Building
• Echoing taps
• COL Fred Van Horn, USA (Ret.) will write the names of the four GMC graduates, Chad Mercer (JC 2000), Michael Stokely (JC 2002), Daniel Gomez (JC 2005) and Walter Gray (JC 1988) who lost their lives in the war on terror.
• GMC Prep School Football vs. Mount de Sales Academy on Davenport Field
• First responders who attend in uniform will be given free admission to the game and will be recognized for their contributions to our community before kick-off.
Georgia Military College Global Online Leadership College Ranked #4 Most Affordable Online School for Business Degrees in 2023
Georgia Military College Global Online Leadership College Ranked #4 Most Affordable Online School for Business Degrees in 2023 Georgia Military College was recently ranked #4 Most Affordable Online Schools for Business Degrees in the nation by Best-Universities.net. “It is an honor to be among the most affordable online colleges for a business degree as GMC […]
Georgia Military College and Georgia College & State University Sign Articulation Agreement for Post-Bachelor-Level Degree Programs
Georgia Military College and Georgia College & State University Sign Articulation Agreement for Post-Bachelor-Level Degree Programs Georgia Military College (GMC) and Georgia College & State University (GCSU), in the spirit of academic cooperation, signed an Articulation Agreement today that will facilitate the admission of GMC Bachelor of Applied Science (BAS) graduates to GCSU graduate programs […]
Georgia Military College Corps of Cadets Wins Two-Year Intercollegiate National Ethics Bowl Competition
Georgia Military College Corps of Cadets Wins Two-Year Intercollegiate National Ethics Bowl Competition Georgia Military College is proud to announce that the Association for Practical and Professional Ethics (APPE) Two-Year National Ethics Bowl Champion is team GMC-Milledgeville! Georgia Military College hosted the national competition on GMC’s Main Campus in Milledgeville over the weekend. On Saturday, […]
Georgia Military College honored victims of September 11, 2001 and subsequent Global War on Terror
Georgia Military College honored victims of September 11, 2001 and subsequent Global War on Terror Twenty-one years ago on September 11, 2001, the unimaginable happened. Our country was the target of a terrorist attack that claimed the lives of 3,024 people who died that day, and nearly 7,000 service members who died in the subsequent […]
GMC JC Football to be Featured on ESPN+
GMC JC Football to be Featured on ESPN+ Georgia Military College is thrilled to announce that ESPN+ will broadcast our Junior College football away game against Snow College on October 1st at 3:00 p.m. The GMC vs. Snow College game has been selected as the National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) Game of the Week. Viewers will […]
Georgia’s Lieutenant Governor Appoints Advisory Member to Georgia Military College Board of Trustees
Georgia’s Lieutenant Governor Appoints Advisory Member to Georgia Military College Board of Trustees Georgia’s Lieutenant Governor, Geoff Duncan, appointed Floor Leader and Senator Russ Goodman as an advisory member to the Georgia Military College Board of Trustees. Designated as a public authority in the state of Georgia, GMC has served Georgia as a unique educational […]
70 Years of Commissioning Leaders
70 Years of Commissioning Leaders In May, 29 Georgia Military College graduates took their oath to serve in the United States Army after completing GMC’s Early Commissioning Army ROTC Program. These 29 2LTs are now a part of GMC’s history as the year 2022 marked the 70th year of Commissioning Officers into the United States […]
GMC Proudly Serves as a U.S. Military Service Academy Preparatory School
GMC Proudly Serves as a U.S. Military Service Academy Preparatory School Georgia Military College is committed to providing character development, leadership skills, rigorous academic courses, and a strict physical fitness program to best prepare students for a service academy through our Corps of Cadets Service Academy Preparatory Program. Led by our President, Lieutenant General William […]
Georgia Military College Earns 2022-2023 Military Friendly ® School Designation
Georgia Military College Earns 2022-2023 Military Friendly ® School Designation Georgia Military College announced today that it has earned the 2022-2023 Military Friendly® School designation. Institutions earning the Military Friendly® School designation were evaluated using both public data sources and responses from a proprietary survey. More than 1,800 schools participated in the 2022-2023 survey with […]