Important Scholarship Information
Graduates of Baldwin County Scholarship
Georgia Military College (GMC) encourages and financially supports education opportunities for high school graduates from Baldwin County.
Awardees are selected based on financial need, at the sole discretion of the GMC Scholarship Committee. There are six requirements to qualify for the scholarship:
1. The applicant must be a graduate or on track to graduate from a high school, or high school program, to include home school, in Baldwin County. GED is also acceptable.
2. The applicant must be scheduled to complete high school graduation requirements by the end of the school year in which the application is made, or must have completed high school but have not begun enrollment in a Postsecondary institution.
3. The applicant must have a final cumulative high school grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 or higher.
4. The applicant must include a recommendation from his/her teacher, coach, high school counselor, high school principal/headmaster or the Baldwin County School District Superintendent.
5. The applicant must have applied to GMC for enrollment.
6. The applicant must have applied for Federal (www.fafsa.ed.gov) (adding GMC’s school code: 001571) and State financial aid (www.gafutures.org).
2021 Applications are live and can be found here:
Military Junior College (MJC) Scholarships - for ECP/SROTC
Military Junior College Scholarships are awarded by the Professor of Military Science to students participating in the Early Commissioning Program. To compete scholarships require a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale and either a combined SAT critical reading and math score of 920 or an ACT composite score of 19. Applicants for a Military Junior College Scholarship must have graduated from a regionally accredited high school or have completed the GED, must meet physical standards including height and weight standards, have security clearance, be a US citizen at least 17 years old, and be accepted into the GMC Corps of Cadets.
Students interested in applying for Army ROTC Scholarships should contact the GMC Military Science Department at 478-387-4931 or by email at email@example.com for more information.