Georgia Military College recognizes the need to provide academically talented high school students with opportunities for acceleration of their formal academic programs. This recognition has led to the development of the dual enrollment program in which the student, while continuing his/her enrollment in high school as a freshman, sophomore, junior or senior, enrolls in courses for college credit. Minimum admission standards for the dual enrollment program are listed in the following sections.
- A properly completed official application form. No application fee required.
- Minimum cumulative high school grade point average of 2.50 on a 4.00 scale in courses taken from the Required High School Curriculum units.
- Completed Dual Enrollment Student Participation Agreement with high school principal or counselor, parent or guardian, and student's signatures. Click here to access and print the agreement.
Must submit official, qualifying SAT, ACT, or placement scores.
If SAT/ACT scores are submitted, then they must meet the following requirements:
- SAT Critical Reading score of at least 480 (prior to March 2016), OR an SAT Reading score of at least 26 (after March 2016), OR ACT English score of at least 20.
- SAT Math score of at least 440 (prior to March 2016), OR an SAT Math score of at least 24 (after March 2016) OR ACT Math score of at least 18.
If the Placement Test is taken in lieu of the SAT or ACT, the following is required:
- GMC Executive Directors will schedule a Placement Test for students afterreceipt of their respective official high school transcript that reflects their cumulativehigh school grade point average of at least a 2.5 on a 4.0 scale in courses taken from the required High School Curriculum units.
- The following are the minimum Accuplacer Placement Test sub-scores for qualifying dual enrollment placement: no score less than 61 in Reading, 70 in English (Sentence Skills Test) or 4 (WritePlacer), and 67 in Math.
- The following are the minimum New Generation Accuplacer Placement Test sub-scores for qualifying dual enrollment placement: no score less than 240 in Reading, 4 in WritePlacer, and 251 in Math.
- If SAT/ACT scores are submitted, then they must meet the following requirements:
Freshmen seeking admission to a USG institution can expect that the college credit earned at a SACSCOC-accredited institution prior to high school graduation will be considered as transfer credit if the prospective student meets the USG institution and regular admission requirements.