Georgia Military College recognizes the need to provide academically talented high school students with opportunities for acceleration of their formal academic programs. This recognition has led to the development of the dual enrollment program in which the student, while continuing his/her enrollment in high school as a junior or senior, enrolls in courses for college credit. Minimum admission standards for the dual enrollment program are listed in the following sections.
- Check with your high school counselor for any required Dual Enrollment sessions, deadlines and requirements.
- Click on the Apply Now button on the top right hand corner of this page, create your account and complete your application. Choose your local campus as your home campus location. Your student status is Dual Enrollment. Check with yout home campus for a fee waiver code.
- Minimum cumulative unweighted high school grade point average of 2.50 on a 4.00 scale.
- Complete the Application for Dual Enrollment on the GA Futures website.
- Schedule an appointment with your high school counselor to determne the college courses you should take.
Submit your current official high school transcript, PSAT, SAT, ACT, or placement scores. Placement is currently being made solely on the basis of either your high school transcript, PSAT, SAT or ACT score.
If SAT/ACT scores are submitted, then they must meet the following requirements:
- SAT Critical Reading score of at least 480 (prior to March 2016), OR an SAT Reading score of at least 26 (after March 2016), OR ACT English score of at least 20.
- SAT Math score of at least 440 (prior to March 2016), OR an SAT Math score of at least 24 (after March 2016) OR ACT Math score of at least 18.
If the Placement Test is taken in lieu of the SAT or ACT, the following is required:
- GMC campus representative will schedule a Placement Test for students after receipt of their respective official high school transcript that reflects their cumulative unweighted high school grade point average of at least a 2.50 on a 4.00 scale.
- The following are the minimum Accuplacer Placement Test sub-scores for qualifying dual enrollment placement: no score less than 61 in Reading, 70 in English (Sentence Skills Test) or 4 (WritePlacer), and 67 in Math.
- The following are the minimum New Generation Accuplacer Placement Test sub-scores for qualifying dual enrollment placement: no score less than 240 in Reading, 4 in WritePlacer, and 251 in Math.
- If SAT/ACT scores are submitted, then they must meet the following requirements:
Once everything is in place we encourage you to take a tour of your local campus and meet with your admissions representative and Dual Enrollment Coordinator/Advisor.
Freshmen seeking admission to a USG institution can expect that dual enrollment college credit earned at a SACS-COC accredited institution prior to high school graduation will be considered as transfer credit if the prospective student meets the USG institution and regular admission requirements.