Management Information Systems
About This Program:
The AAS in Management Information Systems program is a business focused degree that will educate students in understanding how business processes and computer information systems are used within an organization to support decision-making and goals attainment, enabling them to thoughtfully participate in the decisions of the marketplace and thereby contribute to the professions, communities, and organizations to which they belong.
What You Will Learn:
- Students will be able to prepare and analyze financial statements.
- Students will be able to utilize quantitative financial decision-making techniques.
- Students will be able to compare economic data for decision making on business investment opportunities.
- Students will be able to formulate effective business communications that reflect professionalism and ethics in the business environment.
- Students will be able to analyze the role of information systems related to various software applications and technology as business decision-making resources.
Earning an AAS degree in management information systems will prepare students for employment opportunities and meet educational requirements for continuation towards a bachelor of applied science degree in business management or supply chain management and logistics at GMC. Upon completion of this degree, graduates will be able to transfer credits to a BAS degree program in business, management, or an MIS-related field of study.
Management Information Systems Occupational Outlook - Computer and Information Systems Managers
Average Cost for Degree:
Course Descriptions: Accounting, Business, Computer Information Systems, Economics
Degree Program Coordiantor
Tianna Marynell, firstname.lastname@example.org
Business/Computer Information Systems Division Chair:
Samantha Betton, email@example.com