Welcome to GMC,
We would like to welcome you to our Office of Student Disability Services. As a part of Georgia Military College, we are all excited to see you reaching for your dreams. GMC is committed to the full inclusion of all students providing a friendly and inclusive environment that students can thrive in.
As part of the Department of Academic Support Services, we want to ensure that you have the access and opportunity in all aspects of your experience while at GMC. A team effort approach is taken when supporting students and that's why all students have access to free tutoring and success coaches. The tutors can help you with the content materials when needed and our success coaches can help you with academic skills. Team up with a success coach and gain an accountability partner which can help you with tasks from organizing your planner, to teaching you how to study more effectively. If you need access in the form of an accommodation, please seek accommodations by following the steps in our verification process listed below.
We hope you will contact us at any time when you have questions or need help. Our staff is friendly and I think you'll see that everyone is eager to help.
Enjoy your time at GMC,
Office of Student Disability Services
The Verification Process
To apply for accommodations:
- Apply for admission to the College
- Complete a Student Request for Reasonable Accommodations Intake Application
- Complete an Initial Interview with SDS. (By phone or in person)
- Submit documentation: Documentation Guidelines will highlight the required information and additional helpful information that may be requested.
- Meet with the Manager or Disability Coordinator if verified, to discuss reasonable accommodations and requesting instructor notification letters through Accommodate (Letters must be requested each term)
- Access Accommodate program and request Instructor Notification Letters each term for each instructor you wish to receive accommodations in their class. Once the letter has been sent the student is required to meet with each instructor to make arrangements for desired accommodations.
Official Institution Policies and Procedures for Students with Disabilities and Grievance Procedures can be found here.
For more information, please contact your Campus Disability Coordinator.
Augusta Campus: G. Brian Hendricks, email@example.com or 706-993-1115
Columbus Campus: Amy Sandy, firstname.lastname@example.org or 706-478-2755
Dublin Campus: Priscilla Smith, email@example.com or 478-410-3454
Eastman Campus: Erik Walton, firstname.lastname@example.org or 478-220-3016
Fairburn Campus: Michelle Lockett-Lewis, email@example.com or 678-833-5132
Fayetteville Campus: Sonya Okoli, firstname.lastname@example.org or 678-846-9632
Milledgeville Campus: Laura Booth, email@example.com or 478-387-4879
Madison Campus: Leigh Aldhizer, firstname.lastname@example.org or 706-752-7500
Online Campus: Jeff Wells, email@example.com or 478-387-1921
Sandersville Campus: Jeffrey Berke, firstname.lastname@example.org or 478-387-4706
Stone Mountain Campus: Janis Anderson, email@example.com or 678- 379-1387
Valdosta Campus: Keith Russell, firstname.lastname@example.org or 229-357-5657
Warner Robins Campus: Brenda Davis, email@example.com or A478- 225-0183