Georgia Military College is an Open Admissions institution. What does this mean to you? Simply that applicants are eligible for admission once they have completed a high school diploma or GED. There are no SAT/ACT requirements for admissions.
Step 1 - Submit an Application
The first step to our admissions process is to submit an Application for Admission through our online system. When you access the online system for the first time, you will need to create an account, which requires a valid email address. There is a $35.00 application fee that can be paid online or at your local campus.
Note: When creating your account and completing your application, ensure that you select the campus you want to attend as Location and ensure that you select the proper Anticipate Entry Term (refer here for details on which term to choose). Failure to select properly can delay the processing of your application.
Step 2 - Submit Your Transcripts
- If you have never attended college - you will need to submit official copies of your high school transcripts or your official GED transcripts.
- If you are transferring from another college - you will need to request official transcripts be sent to our admissions office directly from all schools you have attended.
Please make sure that you submit all of the transcripts needed from each institution you have previously attended. Failure to submit all transcripts can delay the processing of your admissions application.
Step 3 - Submit Your Test Scores
SAT/ACT scores are not required for admission into the college, but they can be used to bypass placement testing.
Step 4 - Take a Placement Test
GMC requires that most first-time freshman and some transfer students take a placement test to ensure proper placement into college coursework. For more information on placement tests and preparing for them, please click here. Students who do not score high enough on the placement tests will be required to take remedial courses. Please take the time to prepare for your test.
If you have never attended college - If you have the following test scores, you are exempt from placement testing:
- SAT Critical Reading score of 480 or greater within five years from date of application
- New SAT (after March 2016) Reading score of 26 or greater within five years from date of application
- ACT English score of 20 or greater within five years from date of application
- SAT mathematics score of 440 or greater within five years from date of application
- New SAT (after March 2016) Math score of 24 or greater within five years from date of application
- ACT mathematics score of 18 or greater within five years from date of application
- If you are transferring from another college - If you have English 101 and Math 109 (or equivalent) at you previous institution, you may be exempt from placement testing.
Step 5 - Meet With Your Advisor and Get Registered!
Once you have completed steps 1 - 3, you will be officially admitted into GMC and ready to begin classes. With our fast term schedules, classes are filling up daily. Make sure you get the classes you need by getting registered as soon as you can.