Welcome to GMC,
We would like to welcome you to our Office of Student Disability Services. As a part of Georgia Military College, we are all excited to see you reaching for your dreams. GMC is committed to the full inclusion of all students providing a friendly and inclusive environment that students can thrive in.
As part of the Department of Academic Support Services, we want to ensure that you have the access and opportunity in all aspects of your experience while at GMC. A team effort approach is taken when supporting students and that's why all students have access to free tutoring and success coaches. The tutors can help you with the content materials when needed and our success coaches can help you with academic skills. Team up with a success coach and gain an accountability partner which can help you with tasks from organizing your planner, to teaching you how to study more effectively. If you need access in the form of an accommodation, please seek accommodations by following the steps in our verification process listed below.
We hope you will contact us at any time when you have questions or need help. Our staff is friendly and I think you'll see that everyone is eager to help.
Enjoy your time at GMC,
Director of Academic Support
Manager of Student Disability Services
The Verification Process
To apply for accommodations:
- Apply for admission to the College
- Complete a Student Request for Reasonable Accommodations Intake Application
- Complete an Initial Interview with SDS. (By phone or in person)
- Submit documentation: Documentation Guidelines will highlight the required information and additional helpful information that may be requested.
- Meet with the Manager or Disability Coordinator if verified, to discuss reasonable accommodations and requesting instructor notification letters through Accommodate (Letters must be requested each term)
- Access Accommodate program and request Instructor Notification Letters each term for each instructor you wish to receive accommodations in their class. Once the letter has been sent the student is required to meet with each instructor to make arrangements for desired accommodations.
Official Institution Policies and Procedures for Students with Disabilities and Grievance Procedures can be found here.
For more information contact:
Katie Johnson, Manager of Disability Services 478-387-4902 or email@example.com; fax: 478-451-2866
Augusta Campus: George Hendricks, Academic Dean 706- 993-1115, or firstname.lastname@example.org
Columbus Campus: Amy Sandy, Academic Dean 706-478-2743 or email@example.com
Dublin Extension Center: Priscilla Smith, Extension Center Director 478-410-3454 firstname.lastname@example.org
Eastman Extension Center: Katie Johnson, Manager of Disability Services 478-387-4902 or email@example.com; fax: 478-451-2866
Fairburn Campus: Michelle Lockett-Lewis, Academic Dean 678-833-5132 firstname.lastname@example.org
Fayetteville Campus: Marty Cummings, interim Academic Dean 678-846-9601 or email@example.com
Milledgeville Campus - Kelly Schomber, Disability Specialist 478-387-4879 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Madison Extension Center - Leigh Aldhizer, Extension Center Director 478-387-4792 or email@example.com
Online Campus: Katie Johnson, Manager of Disability Services 478-387-4902 or firstname.lastname@example.org; fax: 478-451-2866
Sandersville Extension Center -Col. Yancey Walker, Extension Center Director 478-387-4791 or email@example.com
Valdosta Campus : Keith Russell, Academic Dean 229-357-5657 or firstname.lastname@example.org