The mission of the Information Technology Department is to provide strategic IT vision and planning, provide institutional leadership, engineer and maintain robust network infrastructure, provide enterprise solutions, and provide technology support to end users with the focus creating a holistic information technology system that meets the needs of the business.
To meet this mission, we:
- Provide technology support for personal desktop, multimedia devices, voice, video, and web based applications and services to all areas of the college.
- Provide leadership to integrate technology into the basic mission of the college through planning, programming, training, consulting, and other support activities.
- Develop, enhance, and manage the College’s enterprise networks to provide high speed, transparent, and highly functional connectivity among all information resources.
- Develop and maintain highly effective, reliable, secure, and innovative information systems to support instructional and administrative functions.
- Facilitate the collection, storage, security and integrity of electronic data while ensuring appropriate access.
- Promote new uses of information technology within the institution through the support for exploratory and innovative applications.
- Provide leadership for effective strategic and tactical planning in the use of technology.
- Provide fast & reliable access to all information systems.
What are the online resources available to me as a student?
GMC Portal – The GMC portal, sometimes referred to as the “Student Portal” is the first website that a student should access. This website contains single sign-on access to all student services, links for helpful information, etc. This site allows our students to make online payments, view their account balances, setup direct deposit, and check on their financial aid status.
Student Email – Student email services are provided by Microsoft Office 365. The student email system will grant you access to many services such as Email Services, Mobile Access, Calendar, and To Do Lists. All formal communication with your campus, faculty, and administrative staff must come from your official student email account.
Moodle: Moodle is the Learning Management System (LMS) that is used by GMC. Moodle is used to teach all online classes and hybrid classes. For traditional, campus-based classes, your faculty will use the Moodle LMS to place resources online such as lectures, powerpoints, etc. Faculty will also use Moodle to post your grades in the Moodle gradebook.
Please make sure to review the Georgia Military College Computer Ethics and Guidelines.
How do I access the GMC Portal?
The GMC Portal is accessed by going to https://portal.gmc.edu.
To login to the GMC Portal, please enter your student username in the format jdoe0323 and your password. (If you have not changed your password, it will be the last seven digits of your social security number)
The first time you access the GMC Portal, it might take a few minutes to load all pieces as it is loading your setup for the first time.
If you are still having difficulties logging into the GMC Portal, click here.
How do I access my Student Email account?
To access your student email account, you must first access the GMC Portal. The GMC Portal will provide you with single sign-on access to your student email account.
The link to access the student email account is located at the top of the left column of the GMC Portal homepage. The link will say “You have X Unread Messages” where X is the number of unread messages in your account. Clicking this link will automatically load your student email account with single sign-on access.
To synch your student email account with a smart phone or other mobile device, follow these directions.
You can also access your student email by going directly to https://outlook.office.com/.
How do I access Moodle?
To access Moodle, you must first access the GMC Portal. The GMC Portal will provide you with single sign-on access to your Moodle classes.
In the left column of the GMC Portal homepage, you will see a section labeled My Courses. To access your course(s), please click on the “Click Here to View My Courses” link. Please note that it can take up to 24 hours after you register for your course to show.
You can also access your Moodle courses by going here. Once Moodle loads click (log in) in the upper right hand corner, then click the button on the right that says “Login with SAML2” to login. Use your student username and password.
How do I print using PaperCut?
Setup Student Email on a Smartphone
How to set up GMC Student Email on iOS (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, etc.)
- If this is the first e-mail account on this iPhone, iPad, or iTouch, tap Mail. Otherwise, tap Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Add Account.
- Tap Microsoft Exchange.
- Tap in the E-mail box and enter your full e-mail address (for example, firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Tap in the Username box and enter your full e-mail address again.
- Tap in the Password box and enter your password.
- Optionally, tap in the Description box and enter a short description for the account.
- Tap Next on the upper right corner of the screen.
- Tap in the Server box and enter mail.gmc.cc.ga.us and then tap Next.
- Tap Next.
- Choose the type of information you want to synchronize. By default, Mail, Calendar, and Contacts are all turned on. To turn off synchronization for a type of information, tap and slide the switch to OFF.
- Tap Save.
- If you’re prompted to create a new passcode, tap Continue and enter a numeric passcode. You’ll need to enter the passcode twice.
How to Set Up GMC Student Email on an Android mobile phone
- From the Applications menu, select Email. This application may be named Mail on some versions of Android.
- Type your full e-mail address, for example email@example.com, and your password, and then select Next.
- Select Exchange account. This option may be named Exchange ActiveSync on some versions of Android.
- Enter the following account information and select Next.
- DomainUsername – Type your full email address in this box. If Domain and Username are separate text boxes in your version of Android, leave the Domain box empty and type your full email address in the Username box.
- Password – Use the password that you use to access your account.
- Exchange Server – Use the address of your Exchange server. The address is outlook.office365.com
- As soon as your phone verifies the server settings, the Account Options screen displays. The options available depend on the version of Android on your device.
- Select Next and then type a name for this account and the name you want displayed when you send email to others. Select Done to complete the email setup and start using your account.
How to set up GMC Student Email on a Windows Phone
- On Start, flick left to the App list, tap Settings, and then tap Email + accounts.
- Tap Add an account , then Outlook.
- Tap the Email address box, and then type your full email address (for example: firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Tap the Password box, and then type your password.
- Tap Sign in. If the phone finds your account settings, your email, calendar, and contacts will be synced to your phone, and you can skip to Step 8. If not, continue to the next step.
- On the Outlook screen, do the following:
- Email address – Verify that your email address appears correctly.
- Password – Tap Show Password, and then verify that the password is correct.
- User name – Verify that the user name is correct. For example, if your student email account is on Microsoft Exchange Server and your email address is email@example.com, you would type jdoe1111 for the user name.
- Domain If you’re using an Outlook Web App account hosted by Microsoft Exchange, you typically don’t have a domain. Leave the Domain box empty
- Tap Sign in if everything looks correct.
- If the correct settings can’t be found, tap Advanced, do the following:
- Tap the Server box, and enter the server address as outlook.office365.com
- Tap Show all settings, and then verify that the Server requires encrypted (SSL) connection setting is correct. If you’re not sure, ask your system administrator.
- Tap Sign in.
- If the New password needed message appears after a few moments, tap Set, tap the New password box and enter a password that meets the security requirements. Tap the Confirm password box and type the same password, and then tap Done.
What is my login & password?
What is my Username, GMC Email address, and Password?
Your username is your first initial followed by your entire last name and your 4 digit birthdate in the format MMDD (everything in lower case letters)
For example, if my name is Bobby Cox and my birthday is May 21, then my username is bcox0521 and my student email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
When your account is first created, your initial password is the last seven digits of your Social Security Number. It is highly recommended that you change your password. When you change your password, it will be reset for all GMC online resources.
Click here if you are still having difficulties finding your GMC username or email address.
Important Note: Your GMC Username, Email address, and Password will be used to grant you access to all of your personal student resources. Please ensure that you remember your login information.
Bulldog Printing Recourses
Bulldog printing Instructions
Printing to our Bulldog printers is really easy to do from your own device, just follow the simple set-up instructions below.
First step is to go to the address below.
You can also find this link at GMC.EDU under the current students tab, click on “Information Technology” and then click on ‘Printing from your Device’.
From here, choose your device type (Windows, Chrome, or IOS). For Android, go to the Google Play Store and download the Mobility Print by PaperCut Software app.
Once you have installed PaperCut Mobility on your device, send a print to the system and then go to any of our student printers to retrieve your print job.
Printing From GMC Student Work Stations
Printing from student work stations is very simple as well. Log into the computer as yourself by using your GMC username and password (you cannot be logged in as “Student”).
Choose the document you want to print and select “Print” from the “File” menu. Please make sure that “GMC_FIND_ME_PRINTER” is selected as your printer and hit “OK” in the print menu.
Please note that the printer will automatically be set to print in color, so if you would like to print in Black and White you will have to select that under preferences. Once you have clicked “OK”, go to one of our printers to retrieve your print.
Retrieving Print Jobs from Bulldog Printers
Log into any of our printers using your GMC username and password (as seen below):
Select your document to see the cost of your print and press the print button to release your document.
Printing from your Device
Add Funds to Paper Cut Account
We’ve been educating bright minds for well over a century. That’s why a degree from GMC means more than just a great education. It means success.