Milledgeville Graduation Information
GMC is dedicated to celebrating your accomplishments in person with smaller, socially distant ceremonies this spring. We will host two graduation ceremonies on Friday, May 21st at 10am and 2pm at the GMC Activity Center.
Students with the last name A-I will attend the 10am ceremony while students with the last name J-Z will attend the 2pm ceremony.
These smaller ceremonies allow us to provide distance between graduate seating and guest seating as well as a thorough cleaning and sanitation of the Activity Center between ceremonies.
Similarly, we will host graduation rehearsals on Thursday, May 20th at 10am and 2pm. This rehearsal will also take place at the GMC Activity Center. While participation in these graduation ceremonies is entirely voluntary, if you plan to participate, we strongly encourage you to attend rehearsal.
Helpful Graduation Information
- 2020-21 Graduation Checklist
Applying for graduation:
- Deadline to apply is April 1, 2021
- Click here to download the AA, AS, and AAS Degree Application
- Click here to download the Degree Application
- Points of Contact
What to wear
- In order to participate in commencement students are required to wear a black gown, cap and GMC 2021 tassel.
- All graduates that are part of the corps of cadets will wear the Class A uniform, short sleeve shirt
- Proper attire is required of all students participating in the ceremony. Ladies please wear dark shoes; low heels are strongly encouraged. Gentlemen please wear dark shoes and trousers (no shorts). Please avoid wearing bright colors.
- No decorations may be placed on your graduation caps
Students with a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher and no grades of D or lower and will have met the GMC residency requirements will graduate with honors and receive an Honor Cord from GMC on graduation day.
|Cum Laude||3.50 - 3.64|
|Magna Cum Laude||3.65 - 3.79|
|Summa Cum Laude||3.80 - 4.00|
Anyone requiring handicap assistance may park in the designated parking area in the front of the Activity Center. If you or your guests require special assistance, please notify Tiffany Bayne at 478-387-4920 or by email at email@example.com so we can be prepared to best assist you.
Guests in Attendance
Students may invite up to two guests. We will provide students with two tickets to share with their guests. Guests will need to have their tickets in hand to enter into the activity center. Air Horns, noise makers and balloons will not be permitted inside the GMC Activity Center. Any guest having these items will be asked to remove them from the center and placed on the table in the entrance area.
Please visit website to view what photo packages are available to you. www.gradimages.com
More questions? Check out our Frequently Asked Questions page!