Transfer Students

Transfer Students - Students who have attended any other college must furnish GMC the following:

  • A $35 non-refundable application fee.
  • A properly completed official application form.
  • An official transcript sent directly from each and every college, technical school or university previously attended. Students applying for admission at GMC while still enrolled at another college or university must provide an official preliminary transcript showing work completed to date and then provide an official final transcript at the conclusion of the last term of enrollment. Official transcripts must note the student’s academic standing. Students transferring from institutions that do not post academic standing must request a statement of academic standing from the Registrar’s Office at their previous institution(s).
  • Applicants who have completed fewer than 10-quarter hours of regular college-level work must also meet all requirements for freshman admission. It is recommended that transfer students wishing to use financial aid resources while enrolled at GMC submit an official high school transcript regardless of the number of hours previously earned.
  • Applicants who have not completed English 101 and Math 106/Math 109 or higher with a grade of “C” or better must take the placement examination unless they have completed the appropriate Learning Support Services course with a “C” or better at their previous institution and are prepared to enter English 101, Math 106 or Math 109. See Placement Examinations for additional information.
  • Students must be eligible to return to their previous institution immediately (i.e. not on suspension, exclusion, or dismissal). Students seeking admission at GMC following suspension from their previous institution must provide adequate documentation to explain the grounds for suspension. Those students who have been suspended may petition for admission at GMC following a one-term break in enrollment. 
  • Military members and former military members must submit an official Joint Services Transcript sent directly from their Education Portal or through

Students’ academic progress at the prior institution will be evaluated by the GMC Standards of Satisfactory Academic Progress and may result in a warning or probation status at the time of admission as well as impact access to available financial aid.