Bachelors of Applied Science (BAS) Program
Students seeking admission into the BAS program must meet the “Minimum Requirements for Regular Freshman Admission” described above and are subject to the placement testing guidelines (unless the student has already completed a degree at the Associate degree level or above). All persons seeking admission into a BAS degree program must submit the following items to the Georgia Military College Admissions Office
1. A $35 non-refundable application fee.
2. An official application (completed online at http://www.gmc.edu/apply).
Note: Current GMC students do not have to complete a new application. They can submit a change of major form to their Campus Registrar Assistant.
3. An official transcript sent directly from every college, technical school or university previously attended or since attending GMC. Students applying for admission at GMC while still enrolled in high school or at another college or university must provide an official preliminary transcript showing work completed to date and then provide an official final transcript at the conclusion of the last term of enrollment.
4. Military members and former military members from the Army, Navy, Marines or Coast Guard must submit an official Joint Services Transcript sent directly through https://jst.doded.mil/smart/signIn.do
5. Students must be eligible to return to their previous institution immediately (i.e. not on suspension, exclusion or dismissal). Students seeking admission at GMC following suspension from their previous institution must provide adequate documentation to explain the grounds for suspension. Those students who have been suspended may petition for admission at GMC following a one-term break in enrollment. See Admission of Students on Suspension for additional information.
6. Students’ academic progress at the prior institution will be evaluated by the GMC Standards of Satisfactory Status and may result in a warning, probation, or academic suspension status at the time of admission as well as impact access to available financial aid.