How do I Become a GMC Cadet?
How do I Become a GMC Cadet?
In order to be considered for admission to the GMC Corps of Cadets you should follow the application procedures listed below:
- Apply for admission at this link. Create your Account, which is your initial profile using an email address that you will check frequently as that will be the preferred communication to you initially about your application status.
- Once you have created your account, select the Apply Online link at the top of the page and complete the application with all available information to include which cadet program you are interested in participating in.
- When you are prepared to “Submit” your completed application, you can use a debit/credit card to pay the non-refundable $35 application fee online.
- Request your official high school transcripts or your official GED transcripts be sent to GMC at the address below. If you are still in high school, you will also need to request a final official transcript be submitted upon your graduation from high school.
- Submit SAT/ACT scores if available.
- If you are a home schooled student, you should provide the following supporting documentation to the Office of Admissions to complete your application for admission:
If you previously attended any college, we will need official transcripts showing all attempted college coursework.All required supporting documentation should be mailed to this address:
Georgia Military College
Office of Admissions
201 East Greene Street
Milledgeville, Georgia 31061
As a cadet, you are required to provide certain medical documentation to include your medical history, a completed physical examination and immunizations to live on campus. Go to the link below and complete the required medical documents as required for all Cadets.
College Cadet Medical forms
NOTE: Based on the specific cadet program you are applying for, there may be different medical documentation requirements, so be sure to review the complete document and follow the instructions provided. If you have questions, please contact the GMC Office of Admissions or GMC Health Services.
If you have not been on campus for a visit or tour, please contact the Office of Admissions to schedule your campus visit to the historic Milledgeville campus.
Cadet Admissions Application Deadlines
Students interested in becoming a member of GMC’s distinctive Corps of Cadets are encouraged to apply for admission and send in all supporting documents as early as possible. Due to limited housing availability on the historic Milledgeville campus, we cannot guarantee admission for the term in which a student desires to enroll. Once housing capacity for a term has been reached, we will no longer be able to accept students for that term.
Your Application for Admission, along with all other required supporting documents (preliminary transcripts, test scores, $35 application fee, etc.) must be received by the stated deadlines. Applications received after the stated application deadlines shown below may be moved to the next quarter. Offers of admission into the Corps of Cadets for the fall term will begin in March and continue until barracks capacity has been reached.
Fall Quarter (August enrollment) ……….. July 1
Winter Quarter (November enrollment) …….. October 1
Spring Quarter (March enrollment) ……… February 1
*Summer Quarter enrollment. No new non-athlete Cadets will be enrolled during the summer quarter, as there is no cadet training being conducted on campus during the summer term. Those new applicants who have been identified by the GMC Athletic Department as preferred scholarship athletes will be notified about their enrollment status. These students will be informed of the application deadlines for the summer quarter and the requirements to enroll as an on-campus student.
Cadet Residence Policy.
The Corps of Cadets is a residential leadership experience which requires all Cadets to live in a student-led military environment. Therefore, students in the Corps of Cadets must be enrolled as full time students and live on campus in the cadet barracks.
Cadet Age Restrictions:
Applicants must be between the ages of 17 and 26 to be a member of the GMC Corps of Cadets. Certain exceptions can be considered based on a variety of factors such as previous military experience and the military program an applicant is eligible for.