About This Program:
The AAS in Operations Management program is a business degree that will educate students in understanding the technical and managerial aspects of business operations such as designing, producing, and delivering products and services, and thereby contribute to the professions, communities, and organizations to which they belong.
What You Will Learn:
- Students will be able to prepare and analyze financial statements.
- Students will be able to utilize quantitative financial decision-making techniques.
- Students will be able to formulate effective business communications that reflect professionalism and ethics in the business environment.
- Students will be able to analyze fundamental management principles and functions associated with the planning, organizing, leading, and controlling of organizations.
- Students will be able to apply the basic concepts of materials management, purchasing, inventory management, demand management, production planning and control, logistics, continuous improvement, and TQM.
Earning an AAS degree in operations management will prepare students for employment opportunities and meet educational requirements for continuation towards a bachelor of applied science degree in business management or supply chain management and logistics at GMC. Upon completion of this degree, graduates will be able to transfer credits to a BAS degree program in business, operations management, or a supply chain management/logistics-related field of study.
Operations Management Occupational Outlook -Industrial Production Managers
Average Cost for Degree:
Course Descriptions: Accounting, Business, Economics, Management
Degree Program Coordinator:
Tianna Marynell, email@example.com
Business/Computer Information Systems Division Chair:
Samantha Betton, firstname.lastname@example.org