Bachelor of Applied Science in Healthcare Management
About This Program:
The BAS in Healthcare Management degree program is designed to prepare students for careers in healthcare management and related fields. Students who have earned an Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree will have the opportunity to continue their education and prepare for advancement opportunities within their healthcare field of study. The curriculum includes courses that will provide a solid understanding of healthcare management for today's healthcare industry environment. The program is designed to aid and develop the potential of graduates to be successful in the field of healthcare management. Students enrolling in this degree program must have a healthcare related AAS degree or have the requisite technical/occupational coursework in a healthcare-related field.
*** Courses are available online or in a traditional classroom setting. NOTE: All students accepted into GMC’s BAS degree programs also have the option to complete coursework online. ***
What You Will Learn:
- Students will demonstrate fundamental healthcare management concepts of planning, organizing, leading, and controlling as applied within managing health communities and healthcare services.
- Students will apply critical thinking, problem solving, and decision-making skills needed to develop and manage healthcare services and programs.
- Students will analyze economic and financial factors along with legal and ethical considerations used in the managerial decision-making process in healthcare services and programs.
The BAS in Healthcare Management curriculum includes courses in the following:
- Healthcare Management
- Managerial Accounting
- Healthcare Law and Ethics
- Organizational Behavior
- Human Resources Management
- Operations Management
- Healthcare Economics
- Healthcare Information Systems
- Financial Management
- Healthcare Financing and Insurance
- Quality Management Systems
Students may select electives from one of the following areas:
- Leadership and Management Practices
- Team Management
- Project Management
- Strategic Management
The BAS in Healthcare Management provides students the practical knowledge necessary to seek employment as managers and administrators in charge of planning, directing, and coordinating medical and health services in clinics, hospitals, nursing homes, doctors' offices, and other healthcare management facilities. Graduates will be prepared to seek career opportunities in supervision and middle-management positions relating to healthcare management within heath services organizations.
One of GMC's goals is to offer the highest quality college education at some of the most affordable tuition rates. We have also extended that goal to our bachelor of applied science degrees. To understand our tuition rates, please visit the Tuition and Fees Basics Page on our website. Keep in mind that total costs for the program will depend not only on tuition rates, but the amount of quarter hours students must take in order to complete the degree. This will include courses both in the core and in the major.
Degree Program Coordinator and Bachelor of Applied Science Degree Programs Division Chair:
Tianna Marynell, email@example.com