The mission of the academic advising program at GMC is to intentionally assist students in identifying, understanding and achieving educational, personal and professional goals by following a path of learning and discovery. To that end, advisors will foster student success by facilitating an educational experience that holistically leads students to become self-directed, life-long learners and decision-makers.
Advisee Responsibilities — What is Expected of You
- Schedule regular advising appointments prior to registration and at other times as needed
- Keep your scheduled appointments, be on time and be prepared for the advising session (or be prepared to wait until late registration to be advised, requiring a payment of the late registration fee)
- Bring your advising portfolio and all required documents to the scheduled advising session
- Keep your portfolio organized, and update it regularly
- Bring questions and/or other materials you may need to discuss to the advising session
- Become knowledgeable of college policies, programs and procedures
How to Create an Advising Appointment
Our Campus Advising Centers
|GLOBAL ONLINE COLLEGE||MADISON||MILLEDGEVILLE||SANDERSVILLE||STONE MOUNTAIN||VALDOSTA||WARNER ROBINS|
Programs of Study
Georgia Military College offers a wide selection of classes and majors for students to study. The Academic Advising Center is designed to put students on a career path that best suits them and helps them become successful in whatever program or major they choose. The GMC Catalog lists all available programs of study students can pursue. As of Fall 2020, there are 28 Associate degree programs offered at GMC:
|Allied Health||Art - Studio||Biology||Business Administration||Communication||Computer Science|
|Cyber Security||Elementary Education||Middle Grades Education||English||General Studies|
|History||Homeland Security and Emergency Management||Information Systems and Analytics||
- How to Create an Advising Appointment PDF
- How to Edit your Course Plan in Student Planning PDF
Do I have to be advised?
Yes, every student has to speak with an Advisor before registering for classes.
How do I know who my Advisor is?
Students can find their advisor by logging into Student Planning through GMC Self-Service.