The mission of the academic advising program at GMC is to intentionally assist students in identifying, understanding and achieving educational, personal and professional goals by following a path of learning and discovery. To that end, advisors will foster student success by facilitating an educational experience that holistically leads students to become self-directed, life-long learners and decision-makers.
Advisee Responsibilities — What is Expected of You
- Schedule regular advising appointments prior to registration and at other times as needed
- Keep your scheduled appointments, be on time and be prepared for the advising session (or be prepared to wait until late registration to be advised, requiring a payment of the late registration fee)
- Bring your advising portfolio and all required documents to the scheduled advising session
- Keep your portfolio organized, and update it regularly
- Bring questions and/or other materials you may need to discuss to the advising session
- Become knowledgeable of college policies, programs and procedures
Our Campus Advising Centers
Programs of Study
Georgia Military College offers a wide selection of class and major for students to study. The Academic Center is designed to put student on a career path that best suits them and helps them become successful in whatever program or major they choose. The GMC Catalog list all of the avaiable programs of study students can attend. These are just a few of the available programs of study that GMC offers its students:
- Computer Science
- Education (Middle Grades and Early Childhood)
- General Studies
- Political Science
- Socail Work
Do I have to be advised?
Yes, every student has a hold a until advising meetings have been completed for term.
How do I know who my advisor is?
Students can find this information in the portal or visit the advising center. Students can also find the information above under "Our Campus Advising Center."