GMC - News
GMC Tracking Fulton County Coronavirus Situation
Georgia Military College Tracking Fulton County Coronavirus Situation
As we learn more about Covid-19, and the situation in Fulton County in particular, Georgia Military College continues to take preventative measures to minimize the risk of the virus spreading to any of our GMC campuses. We are aware and are tracking all school closures in Georgia and continue to work with the Georgia Department of Public Health to monitor the current situation in Fulton County.
All directives and guidance from the GMC Coronavirus Task Force have been disseminated, and will be continually updated, to all students, faculty, and staff at every GMC campus (14 in Georgia). All four campuses in the Metro-Atlanta area are confirmed to have sufficient preventive supplies on hand, such as hand sanitizer and anti-viral wipes in all classrooms, offices, and common areas; and enhanced daily, and continual disinfecting of the facility. GMC-Fairburn is also taking additional preventative measures to disinfect all areas at the campus again, based on the South Fulton confirmed Coronavirus case on Monday.
Currently GMC-Fairburn faculty and staff will not travel to Creekside High School due to all Fulton County public schools being closed Tuesday. GMC will continue to monitor any future school closings in Fulton County.
At this time, GMC and all its campuses remain open, but we will continue to follow recommendations by the CDC, the Department of Public Health, and the Department of Education for guidance on any closures that may occur. We are working to inform all of our students, their parents, faculty, and staff, as well as the community about preventative measures we can all take to decrease the chance of this virus spreading.
The below steps are recommended to all to help prevent the spread of Coronavirus.
• Wash your hands often with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
• Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
• Avoid sharing food, beverages, and utensils.
• Avoid close contact with those who may be ill.
• Cover cough/sneeze with a tissue or cough/sneeze into your elbow.
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects or surfaces.
• Get your annual flu shot.
It is highly recommended that faculty, staff, and students continue to practice preventive actions as flu season continues. If you are feeling ill, make an appointment with your healthcare provider.
Outbreaks involving novel coronaviruses evolve quickly and recommendations from public health officials may change frequently as new information becomes available. Please check the following websites often for updated information.
• Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
• Georgia Department of Public Health website: https://dph.georgia.gov/novelcoronavirus
For the latest information from the CDC, visit https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus
Information on GMC’s procedures and protocol for the Coronavirus can be found at https://www.gmc.edu/current-students/coronavirus-info.cms.