GMC - News
academics,student life,character development,general interest,prep school
GMC Prep to Host Patriot's Day Ceremony on 9/11
Georgia Military College Preparatory School to Host Patriot's Day Ceremony on September 11th
Georgia Military College Preparatory School will host a poignant ceremony in recognition of Patriot Day on Tuesday, September 11, 2018. NewDay USA, a military Veterans mortgage company, will send Rob Posner, Chief Executive Officer, and Gary Morrison, Executive Director of NewDay USA, to Milledgeville to present scholarships to GMC Prep School students that have been directly affected by the terrorist attacks on September 11, 2001. This is also the first time GMC Prep’s 4th and 5th grade students will be participating in a ceremony tradition. The community is invited to attend and participate in any portion of the day’s activities outlined below.
• Morning Formation on Grant Parade
• Remarks by Lieutenant General William B. Caldwell, IV, GMC President
• Scholarship presentation awarded to GMC Prep students by NewDay USA
• Laying of a wreath by three current GMC Prep School students who have been directly affected by the lasting impact of September 11, 2001.
8:00 a.m. – until 2:30 p.m.
• “Memorial on Bricks” at the north end of the Old Capitol Building
• GMC will record the names of 3,025 people whose lives were taken through the act of terrorism on 9/11, and the names of 6,816 who have given their lives trying to stop it from happening again.
• Each of GMC’s Prep School students will have the opportunity to record the names of their fellow Americans and spend a few moments in reflection.
• Names will be provided to all who wish to join GMC in remembering.
• Members of the GMC Corps of Cadets will perform a 21 Gun Salute.
• Wreath escorted by GMC Prep School Color Guard and Battalion Staff to north entrance of the Old Capitol Building
• Echoing Taps