GMC - News
student life,cadet life,general interest,prep school
GMC Prep School voted "Best School in Baldwin County"
Georgia Military College’s (GMC) Prep School continues to add to its growing list of accolades. GMC’s Prep School was voted the “Best School in Baldwin County” in the 2017 Union Recorder’s “Best Of” Contest. Subscribers to the Union Recorder make the nominations and then vote on the winner. Prep School Principal, Colonel Pamela Grant, says it’s an honor to receive this recognition from the community.
“GMC Prep School is extremely honored to be voted the “Best School in Baldwin County,” said Colonel Pamela Grant, GMC’s Prep School Principal. “We are able to successfully fulfill our mission of developing the intellect and elevating the character of our students because of our outstanding faculty and staff, supportive parents and family members, and the teamwork approach of our entire Institution. Our students excel in many areas from academics, athletics, fine arts, military, and beyond and we could not be more proud of their many achievements.”
Some highlights from the 2016-2017 academic school year include:
- 100% graduation rate for the 8th consecutive year with the Class of 2017 earning approximately $2.5 million in scholarship monies toward their post-secondary education in addition to the HOPE and Zell Miller awards they earned.
- 4 State Championship Titles that add to the 15 State and 1 National Title that the Prep School has received in over the past five years.
- The past 5 consecutive graduating classes include a student who received a Congressional Appointment to a United States Service Academy, was accepted, and graduated or is still attending.
- The graduating Class of 2017 includes 3 students who received Congressional Appointments to a United States Service Academy.
- 75% of Seniors, 67% of Juniors, and 50% of Sophomores participated in GMC’s Move On When Ready (MOWR) Program.
- The Prep School’s AP exam pass rates continue to rise and exceed the global pass rates.