GMC - News
academics,alumni,athletics,student life,cadet life,character development,community service,general interest,prep school
GMC briefs Baldwin County Board of Commissioners
"The mission of GMC is to produce educated citizens and contributing members of society in an environment conducive to the development of the intellect and character of its students," said Lt. Gen. William B. Caldwell, IV, President of GMC. "In the past year at our 12 campuses across the state of Georgia we saw an 11% growth in student numbers with just over 13,000 students attending GMC. We are committed to our saying of "Start Here...Go Anywhere!" by ensuring we are an accessible and affordable educational option. With only a GED, any student can start with us and achieve whatever they want in life. Our graduation rate increased by 18% this year, indicative of the commitment our faculty have to helping our students achieve their goals."
Colonel Patrick Beer, GMC’s Dean of Students & Commandant of Cadets
- The Junior College (JC) Corps of Cadets is made up of five programs:
- Service Academy Prep
- Early Commissioning Program
- State Service Program
- Athletic Program
- Civic Leader Program
- JC Cadets are twice as likely to be honored on the President's List or Dean's List compared to regular GMC college students.
- The JC Cadet program has a multi-million dollar economic impact on Baldwin County.
Laura Booth, GMC’s Milledgeville Campus Academic Dean
- Enrollments have increased to over 1700 students, 37% of which are Baldwin County residents.
- Dual Enrollments have increased over 180% in the last year, growing to 252 students. Of the dual enrollment students, 68% are from Baldwin County.
- Georgia Military College students are active participants in the community volunteering for Habitat for Humanity, Communities in Schools, Baldwin County Literacy Fair and at the Georgia War Veterans Home.
Colonel Pamela Grant, GMC’s Prep School Principal
- GMC’s Prep School is a Public, Independent School serving grades 6-12.
- Presidential and Foundation Scholarships provide financial assistance to approximately 35% of students based on demonstrated financial need.
- Last year, $458,719.65 was awarded to students to assist families in providing the opportunity for their children to attend the Prep School.
- The Prep School has had a 100% graduation rate for the past 8 years.
- 80% of Prep School graduates earn at least one college degree within 6 years of graduation.
- Since 2012, the GMC Prep School has had 11 State Championships and 1 National Championship, with 5 of these coming during SY 15-16 – Raider Mixed National Championship, Girls Softball, One-Act, Literary, and Girls Track.
Click here to view the presentation given to the Baldwin County Board of Commissioners.
Lt. Gen. William B. Caldwell, IV, President of GMC, shares GMC's mission and its impact in the state of Georgia before the Baldwin County Board of Commissioners.