Parents, Family & Friends
Parents/friends can play an important role in the career success of your son, daughter, or loved one. Here are a few simple tips about how to support your student in their career planning process and encourage them to use the services available to them:
- Encourage them to begin the career development process early and visit Career Development staff.
- Empower your student to make their own decisions. Your opinions are still valuable to them but ultimately they need to take control.
- Offer support as they explore various career options and encounter career related challenges.
- Encourage them to acquire career related experience and skills through positions, student clubs and volunteering.
- Discuss with them the power of networking and use your network to help them as they begin building their own and experimenting with career paths.
- Reassure them that they have a team of people eager to help. Often their fear of asking for help leads them to missing great opportunities.
Additionally, you can support your student and other Gwynedd Mercy University students/alumni by posting open jobs, internships and volunteer positions with Career Services.
- If you or your employer has open positions you can post them with us. Visit www.collegecentral.com/gmercyu (to post only to Gwynedd Mercy University students/alumni) or www.collegecentral.com/sepche (to post to all SEPCHE schools).
Career Development is here to assist your student regardless of what stage they are at in their career development. We encourage you to explore our website to discover more about our services and resources. Thank you for your support in creating an environment for your student to learn, excel, and succeed in their career development journey at Gwynedd Mercy University and beyond.
Hours : Mon.-Fri. 9 a.m.-5 p.m.. (Contact Office for additional hours)