Prayer & Spiritual Life
To support the spiritual development of our students, faculty and staff, Campus Ministry offers a variety of retreats and faith-sharing opportunities throughout the year. As members of the community pause to engage questions of significance, they pray and reflect on their personal experience in the pursuit of lives of deep meaning.
- Please see our News and Events page for current programs.
- See below for information on prayer requests, bereavement and Mass cards.
FiSH: Faith in Student Housing (starts September 23)
FiSH is a student-led program of Campus Ministry designed for students who live on-campus (and the commuters who hang out with them). It's a chance to talk about stuff that matters with people who care, designed to help you make new friends while growing in faith and talking about a wide variety of issues. Check us out on Monday nights from 9-10 p.m. in the Glass Lounge of St. Brigid Hall! See our News and Events page for weekly topics!
Fall Retreat: SURVIVOR, October 18-20, 2013
How do you survive and even thrive as a Gwynedd Mercy University student? How do you navigate the challenges of cultivating friendships, navigating academics, balancing involvement and staying healthy? Escape to beautiful Sea Isle City NJ for a weekend of fun and fellowship that helps you find the answers to some of those questions. The best part: no one gets voted off our island! Here's the application, Application 2013 (doc) due October 11. Cost to you is just $25 (scholarship $$ available). Questions? Contact Christine Eberle at firstname.lastname@example.org or 215-641-5590.
Meghan McAssey and Katie McGuigan soaking in the goodness on Survivor 2013!
Student Led Retreat: Let Your Light Shine!
This annual retreat led by-and-for Gwynedd Mercy University undergrads will be held February 15-17in Sea Isle City, N.J. The "LYLS" retreat is an opportunity to take time apart to reflect on your life in the company of friends and classmates. There will be opportunities for personal reflection, group conversation and prayer as well as fun activities and free time! Why not let your light shine? Watch for retreat applications in January, or contact Christine Eberle at email@example.com or 215-641-5590.
Students, faculty & staff at the 2013 Let Your Light Shine retreat in Sea Isle City
- You are welcome to write your prayer intentions in our book outside of Chapel in Campbell Hall
- To request the prayers of the University community in the event of the death of a close relative of a Gwynedd Mercy University faculty member, staff member, or student, please contact Christine Eberle at 215-641-5590 or firstname.lastname@example.org. When possible, please obtain permission from the bereaved individual, and include as much information about funeral arrangements as possible.
- Campus Ministry and Counseling Services hold a four week group called "Journey Through Loss" starting in mid-October each year; check our News and Events calendar for specific dates and registration information.
- Beautiful Gwynedd Mercy University Mass Cards are available to bring to a wake or funeral, or to send to someone in need of healing; names of all those being remembered in prayer are listed outside of Chapel. Contact Jane Coughlin in Institutional Advancement, Coughlin.email@example.com or 215-641-5590 x177.
Does Everything Happen for a Reason?
Campus Ministry Director Christine Eberle published an article with this title in the September 2012 issue of Liguorian Magazine. (Hint: the sub-title is "Believing Ourselves into a Crisis of Faith!") Read it here!
Here are some interesting sites for those interested in spiritual life and personal development:
- Pray-as-you-go, daily prayer for your iPod or MP3 player
- Freshman Survival Guide
- Busted Halo (an online magazine for spiritual seekers)
- Cranaleith Spiritual Center
- Spring Hill College's Comprehensive Theology Library