Gwynedd Mercy University is committed to supporting students during their career exploration. This process begins with our commitment to personalized learning. The greatest determinant in maintaining a successful career is a well-rounded education. Gwynedd Mercy University faculty and staff go the extra step and collaborate to assist students with work-learn opportunities.
We are dedicated to our student’s future which is why we have committed our resources to helping students along their career path, including helping them find jobs, internships and other opportunities. Gwynedd Mercy University Career Development is at every student’s disposal from day one. Our talented staff works tirelessly to provide our students with the opportunities to bring their future into focus.
Gwynedd Mercy University Career Development offers targeted programs for different majors. These include:
- Job Fairs- Gwynedd Mercy University has career fairs tailored to certain disciplines and majors including fields such as Nursing, Teaching, Accounting, Business, Nonprofit, Government and others. Past attendees include: Aflac, Department of Homeland Security, Einstein Healthcare Network, Grant Thornton, LLP and WHYY.
- Networking- Targeted events in the past have included networking opportunities for those majoring in Arts and Sciences, Business, Science, Technology, Math, Human Services, Psychology and Criminal Justice. By targeting our networking events we are able to connect students directly to industry professionals.
In addition, specific resources are available for students:
- Alumni Mentor Program- Students can network and seek career tips from Gwynedd Mercy University alumni, who have volunteered to mentor students in many different career fields.
- Job/internship search website- Through Career Development, the University utilizes College Central (www.collegecentral.com/gmc) which contains positions posted exclusively for Gwynedd Mercy University students and alumni. Gwynedd Mercy University students have interned at places like: Aetna, Inc., KPMG, Larson Allen, Lehigh Valley Iron Pigs, Philadelphia Zoo, NBC 10 Philadelphia, WMMR 93.3, YMCA and many more.
- Job Shadowing Program- Students can shadow a professional to gain more knowledge on the job/career.
- Career Exploration- Gwynedd Mercy University offers targeted assistance to those exploring majors and careers. Some tools available include Academic Advisors who specifically work with undecided/undeclared students and Career Assessments through Career Development.
Gwynedd Mercy University students are turning their personalized education and college experiences into meaningful careers at some of the area’s and nations biggest companies like: American Red Cross, Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, Comcast Corp., Fox Chase Cancer Center, Johnson and Johnson, JP Morgan Chase, Merck, North Penn School District, Verizon, York Revolution and others.
Discover where Gwynedd Mercy University students have been and where they are going on our Employment and Internships page and see an expanded list of where students and alumni have obtained many impressive internships and jobs.