Information for Prospective Transfer Students of Gwynedd Mercy University
“I felt as though I had really found the right place and vocation.”
— Transfer student and Nursing major, Jennifer Rothenheber
Meet Jennifer Rothenheber who discovered the experience-based nursing program at Gwynedd Mercy University as well as the service opportunities that changed her life there. “I’ve loved all my classes, but it was really the service that changed me,” smiles Jennifer.
Gwynedd Mercy University welcomes transfer applicants from two- and four-year colleges around the country and world. In addition, we work to make transferring a smooth and swift process for students.
If you would like to transfer, Gwynedd Mercy University Admission Counselors will assist you in a variety of ways including: reviewing transferability of courses into Gwynedd Mercy University, program requirements, application process, and much more. In addition to making transferring a smooth process, Gwynedd Mercy University also makes it affordable with the availability of transfer scholarships for full-time students ranging from $7,500-$14,000 per year!
Course to Course Equivalency Guides for Transfer Students
DOWNLOAD — Delaware County Community College & Gwynedd Mercy University (PDF file — 136 KB)
DOWNLOAD — Bucks County Community College & Gwynedd Mercy University (PDF file — 144 KB)
DOWNLOAD — Montgomery County Community College & Gwynedd Mercy University (PDF file — 173 KB)
DOWNLOAD — Community College of Philadelphia & Gwynedd Mercy University (PDF file — 7240 KB)
DOWNLOAD — Manor College & Gwynedd Mercy University (PDF file — 222 KB)
Gold and Crimson Transfer Scholarships
The Transfer Scholarship is available for students transferring into Gwynedd-Mercy from another postsecondary institution with at least twenty-four credits. The Gold Scholarship is equivalent to $14,000. The student’s cumulative grade point average (GPA) must be at least 3.5 and the student must maintain a 3.5 GPA while enrolled at Gwynedd Mercy University. The Crimson Scholarship is valued at $9,000 and the student’s cumulative grade point average (GPA) must fall between 3.0 and 3.49. The student must maintain a 3.0 GPA while enrolled at Gwynedd Mercy University. Both scholarships are awarded to students enrolling on a full-time basis and are renewable for a maximum of three years as the recipient continues to meet eligibility requirements.
Further, Gwynedd Mercy University recognizes membership in Phi Theta Kappa and awards an additional $2,000 Phi Theta Kappa scholarship to its members who meet eligibility requirements. Membership in Phi Theta Kappa must be documented and verified to qualify for the Phi Theta Kappa scholarship.
Transfer Student Grant
The Transfer Student Grant, valued at $7,500 is available for students transferring from another post-secondary institution into Gwynedd Mercy University. Student must have a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.50-2.99, completion of at least twenty-four credits and enroll at Gwynedd-Mercy on a full-time basis. The Transfer Grant is renewable for a maximum of three years so long as the student meets eligibility requirements and maintains a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.5.
Admissions Requirements for Transfer Students
For most of our majors, we require that you have a minimum of a 2.0 GPA to be considered for admission to the program. Some majors require a higher GPA. Each case is determined individually and students are encouraged to call the Admissions Office if they have questions regarding the application process. All candidates for traditional undergraduate degree programs are required to complete a minimum of 45 credits at Gwynedd Mercy University, and half of their core program requirements at Gwynedd Mercy University.
In addition, all students must meet all major and core requirements. Some programs may have additional requirements.
Admissions Requirements for Transfer Nursing Students
In order to be eligible for the nursing program as a transfer student you must have a cumulative GPA of at least a 3.0 and a chemistry course with a grade of “C” or better in your academic history (high school or college level chemistry). Listed below are some helpful facts about the nursing program for transfer students:
- We have approximately 135 spots in our nursing program.
- The program starts every fall. There are no spring admissions.
- Our program is designed as a 2+2 program. This means that unless you are already a RN (Registered Nurse), you must enter the Associate of Nursing degree program regardless of the amount of credits completed or degrees received. There are no exceptions to this rule.
- Regardless of the amount of transfer credits you have, it will take 2 full-time, academic years to complete the ASN program due to the sequence and availability of courses.
- The program is not designed as a part-time program.
- All students begin their clinical during their first semester.
- Clinical locations are in the Montgomery County, Bucks County, Delaware County, and Philadelphia regions.
- Application materials required: Application, official high school transcript, official college/university transcript(s), and one letter of recommendation.
If you are interested in applying to any of Gwynedd Mercy University’s programs, please submit the following materials:
- Application — Click here to fill out a FREE application.
- Final, official high school transcript (if you have completed 24 or more college credits this does not need to be submitted)
- Official transcripts from each college you attended
- One letter of recommendation