Masters of Science in Educational Administration
Master of Science in Educational Administration
The Master of Science in Educational Administration program, is a 33-credit, accelerated, cohort-based program that is offered 100% online. All courses are seven weeks long. This program offers two options: 1) preparation for certification as a K-12 Principal, and 2) preparation for certification as a Curriculum and Instruction Supervisor. Students in both concentrations take seven core courses in educational administration together. They then separate for four additional courses in their area of concentration. The following shows the order in which courses are taken within both options.
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university.
- Official sealed undergraduate transcripts.
- Completed application form.
- Two completed supervisory reference forms. Download Reference Forms
- As per Pennsylvania Department of Education regulations, a candidate cannot be certified until he/she has a minimum of three (3) years of full-time teaching experience with Instructional I certification.
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher. Candidates with a GPA lower than 3.0 are encouraged to apply and will be handled on a case by case basis.
Core Courses for Both Master of Science in Educational Administration Programs (21 credits)
EDU 578 Educational Leadership
EDU 572 Standards Aligned Systems and Curriculum Instruction Supervision
EDU 579 Current Issues in Education
EDU 574 School Law and Policy Decisions
EDU 576 Human Resources and Staff Development
EDU 570 Statistics/Research for Educational Administration*
EDU 595 Practicum I: Leadership and School Administration
Courses in Area of Concentration (12 credits each program)
For the K-12 Principal Certification
For Curriculum & Instruction Supervisor Certification
EDU 571 The Principalship
EDU 502 Teaching & Learning Process
EDU 573 Communication & Public Relations
EDU 591 Curriculum Development & Coaching
EDU 577 School Resource Management
EDU 620 Research, Analysis & Assessment of Outcomes
EDU 596 Practicum II: K-12 Principalship
EDU 622 Practicum II: Supervisor of Curric. & Instruction
*EDU 570 is not required for those who already possess a masters’ degree and wish to gain certification only in either area of concentration.