Accelerated Online Education Degree Programs
The School of Education prepares students for successful careers as teachers, administrators and other leading positions in the field of education through their accelerated online graduate degrees. With small classes that allow for individualized attention and guidance, students flourish in the accelerated online degree programs. Gwynedd Mercy University also offers a teacher certification option for those who already retain a bachelor's degree and want to earn an Instructional I Certificate from the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
The School of Education offers students the latest research and information on optimal learning practices and processes--as well as technological resources in the classroom. Gwynedd Mercy University is collaborating with Teachscape®, to provide industry-leading solutions, technology and services for the future educators from Gwynedd Mercy University. Teachscape® has partnered with respected institutions including the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation to streamline its approach with the necessary tools for producing dynamic schools and teachers.
"The combination of Teachscape's technology tools, observation protocols, and feedback to our faculty and students will ensure that our education programs deliver top-notch teachers that school districts need to ensure ever-increasing levels of student success."
In U.S.News & World Report's 2012 edition of "Best Colleges," Gwynedd Mercy University ranked in the first tier of its category, which is largely attributed to its high graduation and retention rates.
Online and Accelerated Graduate Education Programs
Master of Science in Education
- Master of Science in Education without Certification
- Master of Science in Education PreK-4 Certification
- Master of Science in Education Grades 4-8 (Mathematics and Science Certifications)
- Master of Science in Education with Business, Computers and Information Technology Certification
- Master of Science in Education with Secondary Education Certification in the following content areas to include Biology, English, Mathematics and Social Studies
Master of Science in Educational Administration
- Master of Science in Educational Administration with K-12 Principal Certification
- Master of Science in Educational Administration with Curriculum and Instruction Certification
Master of Science in School Counseling
Master of Science in Special Education
- Master of Science in Special Education with PreK-8 Certification
Master of Science: Course of Study-Intern Certification Program
Certification Only Programs
- PreK-4 Certification
- Special Education PreK-8 Certification
- Grades 4-8 Mathematics and Science Certifications
- Business, Computers and Information Technology Certification
- K-12 Principal Certification
- Curriculum and Instruction Certification
- Post-Masters of Science in Counseling (School Counseling Certification Only)
Apply Now or Call now toll-free at 877-499-6333 to speak with an enrollment counselor
The Pennsylvania Board of Education licensure and approved programs requires that candidates for certification in educational administration complete a minimum of 360 hours of a structured and supervised practicum experience. The required 360 hours occur throughout the program beginning with the first course for a total of 18 hours per course.